Friday, July 31, 2009

July 30

Today I got to meet Dr. Seuss* for real at a going away party for him!
Mama used to work for him and her friend Debbie still does.


I also got to meet Mrs. Seuss....she works at the library!



*From Catherine: Olivia really does believe that she met Dr. Seuss when she saw Dr. Sener, who, I should note, she has met before. She also thought that there would be dancing girls at his party, which was held at Evanston Hospital, which also happens to be where she was born. She keeps reminding me, a day later, that she still has to see those girls! I honestly have no idea where she came up with these ideas, but I do find them quite charming and amusing.

I also want to wish Dr. and Mrs. Sener and Debbie all very well. You are all in my heart and remain my good friends. To paraphrase you and Margaret Mead: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Don't take any chin-boogie in your new positions!

No comments: